Friday, October 23, 2009

My first day to blogg....

Well I started this blog because I am in search of a draft horse stallion to breed to my Percheron mare. So let me go on and tell you about my animals since they are the reason I started this....I have 4 horses and 4 dogs. My horses are Midnight my 17 year old Percheron mare that is the best horse I have ever owned; she rides and drives and she was a gift to me.Photobucket
Photobucket

I have a 4 year old grade QH mare Pearl that is currently lame due to a leg injury she occurred some how; I hate leg wounds. Pearl I got in poor shape and surprisingly pregnant with my 2 year old filly Jorie. Pearl had alot of trust issues but in the almost 3 years I have owned her she has come around and gives the greatest hugs...they are especially good when I am having a bad day.

Here was Pearl when I got her
Photobucket

Here she is a year later
Photobucket

Jorie my 2 year old curious trouble maker. Jorie was born on good friday of 07 which was April 6, 2007 which turned out to be a great friday since when Pearl foaled Jorie she was only 2 years old....I was afraid I was going to lose both of them.
Photobucket

Last of the horses is Tucker my yearling gelding which also is Pearls foal...long story but she jumped many fences to breed to a wonderful stallion that has since sadly passed away. Tucker is my love bucket. He gives me kisses and just always has to be close to you....I love him and he is truly my baby.
Photobucket

As for my dogs....There is Missy my 6 year old boxer she is registered with the AKC. My husband and I got her when she was 3 years old...her previous owners were in the military and just go orders to go to Hawaii and couldn't take her with them so they gave her to us.


Next is Bear; he is 6 year old also and was given to my husband as a payment that his previous owed us. We went to go collect payment but seen bear and decided we would take him instead because of the condition he was is....




Then there is Abby....my Australian Shepherd....she was given to me also from a friend. She was born early December 08. She is too smart for her own good sometimes I think. She is very protective of me and herds a stranger away till I tell her that it is okay....I love her so much....
Photobucket

and last but not least is Tony....he is SO cute and loves to run around like a spazz...LOL....Bear and Abby found him outside taking cover from the rain and cold wind from our first real cold front...I think someone dumped the poor thing off :( my vet says that he was only about 2 months old and a dachshund maltese mix of some sort....he is hypoallergenic so he is good for my hubby's allergies....look at that face....who could dump this little thing off?
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment